Giotto di Bondone said, ‘’Rome is the city of illusions, the city of echoes, and the city of yearning.’’
Rome has a very long history that spans millennia, and that’s the reason ‘’the eternal city’’ is the most famous nickname for Rome. This dreamy land has so many secrets, and you need a life to explore the depth and magic of Rome. But, if you are deciding on a trip to Rome or it’s the trivia for your next party, here are some facts you need to know while traveling in Rome.
- Maybe you don’t expect this, but Rome has a lot of tourists. Never imagine empty colosseum after seeing some photoshop pictures.
- Rome is really really hot in summers, and heat exhaustion can stop you from enjoying everything if you plan to visit Rome is summers.
- Italian food is can surely be your favorite, but be aware of tourist trap restaurants. Around the tourist spots, there are a lot of crappy restaurants, so it is advised that you do your research to find the restaurants that are worth your time and money.
- During your visit to Rome, Churches are a must-watch destination and walk into the church in a mini dress or weird shorts are not a good idea at all. Pack a scarf or two in your bag to avoid this situation.
- Like all other major tourist spots, in Rome, few shady characters are lurking about taking advantage of unsuspecting tourists. Be careful about your bags, and avoid keeping any vulnerable in your pocket. Also be alert form local scams like giving your details to anyone, paying extra for less, and never sign a petition on the street.
- Don’t expect any gifts from strangers on the streets; it’s a scam. Try to learn some basic Italian phrases to communicate with the locals.
In addition to remembering these tips understand the history of Rome, always keep some cash with you, keep your hotel details with you, skip important tourist points to avoid long lines and massive crowd, and explore Rome with confidence.