Quick tips to visit Paris for the first time
Thomas Jefferson said;
“A walk about Paris will provide lessons in history, beauty, and in the point of Life.’’
Paris is the tourists place on earth and visiting Paris means you need to beat the crowd, face too much traffic, bear expensive accommodations, and spend less of your time queuing for attractions. This Paris travel blog is not about the mesmerizing beauty and amazing places to visit in Paris, but this is about to ask you to be more realistic about Paris. Here are a few important short tips to follow during your first visit to Paris:
- Summer is the best time to travel to Paris. Although, it’s crowded the days are long and Paris is not too hot for summers. Rain chances are also very small in summers.
- There is a never-ending list of attractions in Paris. From museums to art galleries and palaces to cute neighborhoods there is so much to visit. So get enough days to visiting Paris to explore its beauty and charm.
- Try to learn a few words of the local language to earn the respect of French people. They love to say hello and goodbye where ever they meet. Get used to saying Bonjour (hello) and Au revoir (goodbye) frequently.
- Hotels in Paris are quite expensive and to save money on accommodation in Paris is to rent homes instead of hotels.
- Similarly to avoid breaking your bank prefer going to the restaurants for lunch instead of dinners and always an option for fixed menus and avoid choosing your own dishes.
- To avoid waiting in line for hours or paying for entrance you can skip the Eiffel tour. There are tons of places like Montparnasse, Galerie Lafayette, and Sacre Coeur in Paris that offer an amazing view of the city without paying anything or to wait in line for hours.
- Explore Paris on the bike, get the metro app on your phone, don’t miss Paris at night, beware of pickpocketing, and beware of strikes are some other important tips to remember during your visit,
Surely for Paris, you have a concept of ethereal romantic destination with the view of Eiffel Tower, and cozy restaurants and cafes, but it’s good to lower your expectations because reality may be slightly different from imaginations.